Basic Power System Metering
After Participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Define Electric Power
- Compare AC and DC Power
- Analyze Real, Reactive and Apparent Power related to Capacitive and Inductive Loads
- Distinguish between Power and Energy
- Compare the Old and the New Energy Meters
- Analyse single and Three Phase Power and Energy Measurement
- Recognize and Identify Instrument Transformers
- Work with Measurement Canada Standards for Electrical Metering
This course introduces the fundamentals of metering, such as terminology and basic principles of meters. It will provide an understanding of power calculations for single and 3 phase power metering, including vector mathematics, instrument transformers, three-phase wiring methods.
Meter instruments, meter diagrams and standards, and the inter-workings of traditional metering mechanisms are introduced. Various samples of single phase 3 wire, 3 phase 3 wire, 3 phase 4 wire are examined. The parts of the various electromechanical and solid state meters are discussed.
- Definition of Electric Power
- Differentiating AC and DC Power
- Capacitive and Inductive Loads
- Real, Reactive and Apparent Power Theory
- The Dynamometer Wattmeter
- The Single-Phase and 3 Phase Energy Meters
- Single-Phase, 3 Phase 3 Wire and 3 Phase 4 Wire Loads
- Instrument Transformers (Current and Voltage CT's and PT's)
- Measurement Canada Standards
- Blondel’s Theorem
- Phase and Line Relationship
Who Should Attend
Managers, Engineers, Technicians/Technologists, Students enrolled in advanced electrical courses. An understanding of the more advanced fundamentals of electricity is required.
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW