Canadian Electrical Code - 2021
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Employ the requirements of the code to ensure they are accounted for in the design, construction and operation of electrical systems
- Use your knowledge of grounding and bonding requirements in the code
- Better protect your electrical system with the additional insight gained into the protection and control requirements of the Code
- Upgrade your compliance with the requirements for hazardous locations in the Code
- Work with the code having understood the requirements about motor applications, substations and high voltage lines requirements in the code
- Comply with the Code requirements for work place electrical safety Understand the Shock and Arc Flash Hazard associated with installations
Designers, installers and users are responsible for electrical safety. The Canadian Electrical Code establishes safety standards for design, installation, maintenance and use of electrical facilities for prevention of undue electrical arc flash, fire and shock hazards.
Excellent code knowledge is a prerequisite to correct specification and application of equipment and wiring in all areas of design, construction, maintenance, manufacturing and the use of electricity. This seminar demonstrates accurate interpretations and applications in areas such as wiring systems, grounding and bonding, protection and control, motors, lines and substations, explosion-proof areas, fire alarms and emergency systems. It also highlights other key standards, including the Building Code, IEEE, NFPA and CSA which are referenced throughout the Canadian Electrical Code.
Who Should Attend
This seminar will be of interest to Engineers and Others in Design and Construction • Engineers and Other Plant Personnel • Maintenance and Safety Personnel • Contractors • Fire and Accident Investigators • Operating Personnel • Manufacturing, Government and Electrical Utility Staff
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
This course is currently scheduled at the following locations. Click the location to learn even more details about this course.
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW