After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Identify potential grid interconnection issues for DG systems
- Minimize the impact of DG interconnections
- Effectively protect DG systems and prevent system islanding
- Interpret interconnection requirements for DG systems
Distributed generation (DG) is becoming common since the introduction of alternative generation methods connected to the grid. As consumers and generators seek to make more installations, there will be increased impact levels to the grid stability and DG system protection. There is then a need for a proper understanding of how to integrate DG systems and mitigate adverse impacts on others.
In this course, you will enhance your understanding of the challenges and impacts of DG systems, and be provided with a base knowledge of the solutions available to implement DG with the grid. An overview of the core requirements for DG interconnection to the grid, as outlined by the IEEE and Hydro One, will be provided.
- Review of power systems
- Traditional power generation and systems
- Distributed generation
- Challenges and impacts of DG on the grid
- Challenges to grid stability
- Operating solutions for a DG grid
- Grid connection considerations
- DG Grid interconnection requirements
- DG system protection
Who Should Attend
Electrical Engineers • Design Engineers • Electrical Engineering Managers • Project Managers • Power Quality Specialists • Maintenance Managers • Consultants • Electronics and Controls personnel • Traffic Signal Designers and Operators • Technologists
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW