Electrical Design for Industrial, Commercial and Institutional Facilities
After participating in this course, you will be able to do the following:
- Apply electrical design concepts in your work situations
- Design electrical systems in compliance with the Canadian Electrical Code
- Determine load characteristics and demand factors of your system
- Analyze fault currents in AC systems as well as in distribution equipment
- Increase the efficiency of your substation
This course focuses on basic electrical design concepts and provides an understanding of the methods used to design low voltage power distribution systems. A practical approach is taken to discussing low and high voltage electrical circuits, equipment, and systems used in facilities. The course emphasizes the Canadian Electrical Code while teaching the fundamentals of electrical generation, transmission and distribution, design philosophy and procedures, construction materials, services, grounding, and power quality.
The course will prepare you to review electrical systems for compliance with the Canadian Electrical Code. No electrical design experience is required. All topics begin at the fundamentals level.
- Review of basic electrical concepts
- Electrical power generation, transmission and distribution
- Voltage levels and control
- Grounding and bonding
- Power sources and distribution systems
- Standards, recommended practices, guides and codes
- Protection and coordination
- Protective relaying
- Case study
- Step by step designs process for the typical small industrial/commercial facility
Who Should Attend
Electrical Engineers and Supervisors Technologists • Technicians involved in Electrical Systems in Industrial Applications and Commercial and Institutional Buildings and Facilities • Plant, Project, and Facility Engineers • Electrical Contractors and Sales Engineers
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW