Electrical Engineering for Practitioners in the Oil and Gas Industry
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Focus on the principles of electrical engineering design methods specific to the oil and gas industry
- Interpret and apply relevant sections of the Canadian Electrical Code
- Gain insights on how to improve the efficiency of electrical equipment
- Apply your understanding of grounding issues relevant to the oil and gas industry
This course is focused on basic electrical engineering concepts and is designed to promote integration of engineering disciplines in the oil and gas industry and to introduce electrical engineering concepts to oil and gas practitioners.
You will study basic electrical engineering design concepts such as fault calculations and protective equipment coordination and become familiar with the electrical single line diagram, area classification concepts, grounding and bonding issues. You will learn how to identify possible areas of vulnerability in your electrical system, how to mitigate the risks to your electrical systems and how to improve the bottom line of your business.
- Area classifications, standards and practices
- Short circuit studies for equipment and relaying
- Load analysis
- Plant utility interface
- Protective devices and relay settings
- Motor protection
- Surge voltage protection
- Application areas in Petro Chem industry
- Energy management and efficiencies
Who Should Attend
Those involved in the oil and gas industry, including:
Electrical Engineers • Project Engineers and Managers • Operations Engineers • Design Engineers • Technicians and Technologists • Facility Engineers • Engineering Consultants
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
This course is currently scheduled at the following locations. Click the location to learn even more details about this course.
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW