Electrical Power Distribution Engineering
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- gain understanding of the elements of a power distribution system
- enhance power quality of your non-utility power generation
- describe the close relationship between planning and operations
- increase power reliability of your system with the knowledge of the impact on it of the electrical power distribution system
- become familiar with power protection needs of the electrical distribution systems
- gain new knowledge about power substation, grounding, system and distribution automation and demand side management
Reliability, power quality and interrelationship between operations and planning are some of the concerns of the employers in the power distribution field. This course presents a comprehensive overview of the elements of power distribution systems and then deals with the major concerns and issues. It also covers grounding, electrical system protection distribution automation and non-utility generation, Future trends, particularly relating to open access, are also discussed.
You are expected to bring specific problems or questions which will be dealt with during the appropriate sessions or panel discussion.
- Electrical Distribution System – An Overview
- Distribution Systems
- Electrical Fields and Magnetic Field and EMF
- System Protection
- Load Characteristics
- Distribution Grounding and bonding
- CEC 2021 applications
- Power Quality
- Reliability and Electrical vehicles charging stations
- Questions and Answers and Feedback to Participants on Achievement of Learning Outcomes
Who Should Attend
Plant Engineers • Electrical Engineers in Industry • Power Engineering Consultants • Power Distribution System Operations Engineers • Utility professionals and their technical support staff as well as those electrical engineers who want to switch to electrical power distribution. This course will be a refresher for those with experience and a comprehensive overview for those who are comparatively new to this industry.
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
This course is currently scheduled on the following date. Click to learn even more details about this offering.
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW