Electrical Power Distribution System for Industrial Plants
After participating in the course, you will be able to:
- Plan your system and select equipment for it
- Benefit from a clear understanding of all aspects of power distribution system
- Apply the electrical code to your projects
- Manage important issues such as load estimating, voltage selection, shortage circuit studies and power protection
- Increase efficiency of your distribution system by applying your new knowledge of the power distribution system and equipment
Electric power distribution system plays an important role in the efficient operation of a modern industrial plant. Such a system includes high voltage circuit breakers, switchgear, transformers, motor control centers, electric motors, variable speed drives, etc. A trouble-free electrical system is essential for an interruption-free plant operation.
This course will cover all aspects of power distribution, including system planning, equipment selection and application, system grounding, protection and conformity with electrical code requirements, etc. Participants will work under instructor guidance to develop a power distribution system single line diagram for a typical industrial plant.
- System planning as applicable to industrial plants
- Short circuit studies for equipment rating and relaying
- Load analysis
- System neutral grounding
- Electrical safety
- Review of major equipment
- Workshop - development of single line diagrams
- Protective devices and relay setting
- Surge voltage protection
- Energy management and plant utility interface
Who Should Attend
Electrical Power Distribution Engineers • Electrical Power System Engineers • Plant Managers • Plant Engineers from all types of industries particularly Chemical and Petroleum • Large Institutional Power Distribution Engineers • Consulting Engineers • Technical Personnel involved in the Design, Engineering, Operation and Maintenance of Power Distribution System in Industrial Plants
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW