Electricity Fundamentals for Non-Electrical Professionals
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Be knowledgeable of electricity principles, how do they apply in electric power system, elements of power system, electricity generation and overview of electricity transmission and distribution
- Interact more effectively with other work groups involved in electric power system planning, operation and maintenance
- Apply knowledge of power system in regulatory work related to electric facilities construction and operation
The course explains the fundamental principles of electric power system. It describes step by step about the electricity fundamentals, what constitutes an electric power system, how it works, electricity generation types, active and reactive power and power system losses. The course also describes single and three phase configuration of power generation, transmission and distribution, balanced and unbalanced power and the concept of power flow studies.
The course is intended to provide a clear understanding of electricity fundamentals and electric power system to professionals who, although qualified in their own disciplines, may not have received formal electrical engineering training. However, the course is also designed to benefit engineers who are seeking to refresh their knowledge of electricity basics and power system fundamentals.
- Electricity basics
- What constitutes a power system
- Active and reactive power
- Single and three phase systems
- Concepts of Power Flow Study
Who Should Attend
The course is designed for individuals who are associated with power system related work but do not have direct power system background. For example, regulators, legal services, engineers from disciplines other than electrical engineering, technicians involved in power system related work, professionals from oil and gas industries as well as electricity export/import market specialists will find this course to be useful. In addition, professionals who need to refresh their current experience and knowledge of electricity basics and power system fundamentals.
We currently do not have enough attendee responses to generate a rating for this course.
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW