Energy Conservation in Industrial and Commercial Environment
After participating in the seminar, you will be able to:
- Understand the fundamental principles and concepts associated with common forms of energy in an industrial or commercial environment.
- Identify and focus on high value energy conservation opportunities based on energy facts and statistics.
- Fine tune our perspective to view energy management as a three-pronged approach: (1) Energy Conservation (2) Energy Cost (3) Energy Supply.
- Explore and understand EMS, or Energy Management Systems.
- Investigate and identify opportunities for energy conservation in HVAC Systems, Compressed Air Systems, Steam Systems, etc.
- Understand the importance of energy audits and energy plans. Learn how to conduct energy audits and develop energy plans.
This course caters to Engineers, Technicians, Facilities Managers and other professionals who are interested in enhancing their understanding of the concept of energy and utilities, and would like to learn methods and strategies for reducing energy costs in an industrial or commercial setting. This course addresses usage, cost and conservation of energy in its more common forms such as electrical, compressed air, natural gas, steam and heat.
This course will familiarize attendees with various ways for reducing energy cost through well planned, specific and results oriented projects. Some of the myths associated with electricity and gas contracts will be exposed. Energy audits and tools needed to perform audits will be discussed.
- Principles of Electricity: AC and DC
- Phasor, polar and rectangular representation of AC
- Brief introduction to three-phase AC
- Power factor, power quality, load factor and service factor
- Electrical Equipment and Instrumentation in Industrial Applications; this would include motors, transformers, switchgear, over current protection devices, power/energy monitoring systems
- Generic discussion on electrical code
- General discussion on arc flash and associated PPE
- Electrical Control Systems; i.e. Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs),
- Understanding Electrical Drawings and Documentation
- Understanding Electrical Power Bills and Ways to Reduce the Energy Cost
Who Should Attend
Engineers • Facility Managers • Maintenance Managers • Energy Engineers and Managers • Engineering Managers • Architects
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW