Energy Conservation in Industrial and Commercial Environments
After participating in the seminar, you will be able to:
- Understand the fundamental principles and concepts associated with common forms of energy in an industrial or commercial environment.
- Identify and focus on high value energy conservation opportunities based on energy facts and statistics.
- Fine tune our perspective to view energy management as a four-pronged approach: (1) Energy Conservation (2) Energy Cost (3) Energy Supply and (4) Energy Storage.
- Explore and understand EMS, or Energy Management Systems.
- Investigate and identify opportunities for energy conservation in HVAC Systems, Compressed Air Systems, Steam Systems, etc.
- Understand the importance of energy audits and energy plans. Learn how to conduct energy audits and develop energy plans.
This course caters to Engineers, Technicians, Facilities Managers and other professionals who are interested in enhancing their understanding of the concept of energy and utilities, and would like to learn methods and strategies for reducing energy costs in an industrial or commercial setting. This course addresses usage, cost and conservation of energy in its more common forms such as electrical, compressed air, natural gas, steam and heat.
This course will familiarize attendees with various ways for reducing energy cost through well planned, specific and results oriented projects. Some of the myths associated with electricity and gas contracts will be exposed. Energy audits and tools needed to perform audits will be discussed.
- Energy Basics and its Various Forms. Energy Facts and Statistics
- Electricity Basics and Electrical Rate Schedules
- EMS/BMS, Energy Monitoring and Building Monitoring Systems
- Power Factor Correction
- Energy Conservation in Lighting
- Energy Conservation in HVAC Systems, Steam Systems and Compressed Air Systems
- Energy Audits
- Energy Conservation Tips; “The Low Hanging Fruit”
- Financial Justification and Implementation of Energy Projects
- A brief introduction to renewable energy
Who Should Attend
- Facility Managers
- Maintenance Managers
- Energy Engineers and Managers
- Engineering Managers
We currently do not have enough attendee responses to generate a rating for this course.
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW