Fire Alarm Systems: Codes and Standard Requirements for Installation, Verification and Testing
After participating in this course you will be able to do the following:
- Identify the codes and standards which govern the proper installation, verification and testing/maintenance of fire alarm systems
- Reference and provide an overview of the National Building and Fire Codes, 2020 edition and the ULC Standards to confirm compliance of fire alarm systems.
- Analyze Underwriters Laboratories of Canada (ULC) Standards:
- CAN/ULC-S524 Standard for the Installation of Fire Alarm Systems
- CAN/ULC-S536 Standard for the Inspection and Testing of Fire Alarm Systems
- CAN/ULC-S537 Standard for the Verification of Fire Alarm Systems
Only a well-designed and functioning fire alarm system can protect people and the building from a fire emergency incident. This webinar will provide participants with the tools needed to install, verify, test and the maintenance of these systems. The National Building and Fire Code 2020 edition and related Underwriters Laboratories of Canada (ULC) Standards will be referenced.
- What is the definition and purpose of a fire alarm system;
- What are the components and functions of fire alarm systems;
- When are fire alarm systems required to be installed in accordance with the National Building Code;
- What are the ULC Standard requirements for the Installation and Verification of fire alarm systems in relations to the National Building Code and
- What are the ULC Standard requirements for the Testing and Maintenance of fire alarm systems in relations to the National Fire Code.
Who Should Attend:
Fire Alarm System Designers and Engineers; Installation and Service personnel; Electrical Project Engineers and Supervisors; Building Owners; Property Manager; Superintendents; Maintenance Personnel; Building and Fire Inspectors.REQUEST GROUP TRAINING QUOTE
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
This course is currently scheduled on the following date. Click to learn even more details about this offering.
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW