Fundamentals of Electrical Distribution Systems
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Explain basic electrical system quantities, identify sources of generation, cogeneration issues, and distribution system configuration
- Describe load characteristics and effects on power costs
- Describe the major electrical machinery and components used in power distribution
- Understand the fundamentals of system protection, grounding and power quality problems
- Understand electrical power metering and how to avoid billing penalties
You will develop an understanding of the electrical distribution system by learning the basic concepts for direct current circuits and extending this knowledge to single-phase and 3-phase alternating current circuits.
The objective of this course is to explain, without using rigorous mathematical derivations, the meaning of electrical quantities, including kVA, kW and power factor. Topics include distribution system configuration, electromagnetic fields, major electrical machinery, system protection, power system metering, and the importance of power quality. You will receive an explanation of load characteristics and their effects on power costs.
- Basic Concepts
- Generation, Transmission and Distribution
- Distribution System Components
- Major Electrical Machinery
- System Protection
- System Grounding
- Power Quality
- Electrical Distribution Systems
- Electrical Safety
- Non-Utility Generation
Who Should Attend:
Engineers • Facility and Operations Managers • Technical Specialist • Plant Engineers • Project Engineers and Managers • Engineering Consultants • Architects
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
This course is currently scheduled on the following date. Click to learn even more details about this offering.
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW