Fundamentals of Electromagnetic Compatibility: From Theory To Practice
Upon the successful completion of this course, the participants will have an understanding of:
- EM Phenomena and EM Environments
- Emission and susceptibility
- Signals and Spectral analysis
- Antennas for EMC
- Conductive, magnetic, electric field and radiation coupling.
- Test and Measurement Methods for Emission
- EMC regulation
- Shielding Enclosure
An understanding of electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) is essential for reliable operation of electrical/electronics equipment and systems used in commercial, automotive, aerospace and defence markets. In our multidisciplinary world, electronic circuits are designed and operated by electronic, electrical, system, mechanical and biomedical engineers. EMC aims at achieving a state when the electromagnetic environments produced by natural phenomena and other electrical and electronic devices do not cause interference in electronic equipment and systems.
This course imparts the knowledge and skills to reduce the emissions from sources that are controllable as well as to increase within reasonable cost the immunity of the equipment from getting affected.
- Fundamental Understanding of Electrical Systems:
- Coupling modes
- Antenna for EMC testing
- EMC Regulations
- EMC Testing and Measurement
- Electrostatic discharges
- Lightning electromagnetic effects:
- Grounding consideration
- Introduction to printed circuit board (PCB) EMC design
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for different engineers who will design and/or operate different electronic circuits for different engineering applications.
We currently do not have enough attendee responses to generate a rating for this course.
This course is currently scheduled on the following date. Click to learn even more details about this offering.
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW