Fundamentals of Modern Substation Equipment, Protection and Controls
After participating in the seminar, you will be able to:
- Apply a clear understanding of needs to use power conditioning equipment to your substations
- Assess the modern substation system, equipment, protection and automation
- Benefit from your knowledge of how substation equipment operates
- Read and relate single line drawings and electrical schematics to substation equipment protection and control system
- Recognize the latest technology in electrical substations
Knowledge of state-of-the-art substation equipment, protection and controls is a prerequisite to making decisions in design, construction and operation of high and medium voltage substations. This practical course covers medium and high voltage substations, including industrial, utility, commercial and institutional and introduces you to the up-to-date equipment that makes up an electric substation. Learn how each type of equipment operates, and protection and control equipment and systems that determine successful and safe substation operation.
You will also learn practical aspects of design, construction and operation of power transformers, voltage regulators, power circuit breakers, circuit switchers and capacitor banks.
- Grounding and bonding of electrical equipment
- LV and MV system grounding
- Modern substation types and purposes
- Power transformers and controls
- Bus and disconnect switches
- Power circuit breakers
- Metal-clad switchgear
- Power conditioning systems
- Power capacitor and capacitor banks
- Substation commissioning
- Fundamentals of power system protective relaying systems
- Current transformers and voltage transformers
- Coordination of protection systems
- Protective relaying systems
Who Should Attend:
Electrical and Design Engineers • Industrial, Utility or Plant Engineers, • Engineering Technicians • Planning and Operations Specialists • Consulting Engineers • Electrical Project and Construction Managers • Electrical Managers
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW