Grounding and Bonding of Electrical Systems
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Identify and prevent safety hazards to personnel who come in contact with electrical systems
- Prevent equipment failures and malfunctions by employing proper grounding techniques
- Interpret codes and standards related to grounding
- Ensure proper operation of communication, computer and control systems by proper grounding and bonding
- Apply to your projects lightning protection methods
Grounding and bonding systems ensure that electrical systems are safe from electric shock and fires by limiting the voltage imposed by lightning, line surges, or unintentional contact with high voltage lines as well as a ground-fault. An integrated approach of theory and practice will ensure you have a firm foundation of knowledge when you begin your next design or construction project, or when you encounter problems in your electrical system which must be corrected for safety, operational or power quality reasons and address work place electrical safety.
Case studies will be presented to discuss grounding and bonding applications in a variety of areas (industrial and substation) in order to reinforce fundamental grounding principles common to a variety of applications.
- Grounding and bonding
- Electrical code requirements and standards
- Grounding resistance and resistivity
- Substation grounding
- Grounding for Sensitive Electronic equipment
- Lightning protection
- Measurement techniques
- Arc Flash Hazard and Workplace Electrical Safety
Who Should Attend:
Electrical Engineers • Design Engineers • Managers • Project Managers • Power Quality Specialists • Maintenance Managers • Consultants • Electronics and Controls personnel • Traffic Signal Designers and Operators • Technologists
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
This course is currently scheduled at the following locations. Click the location to learn even more details about this course.
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW