High and Medium Voltage Substation Design, Testing and Maintenance
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Apply your knowledge of the fundamentals of the utility power supply system and power quality
- Recognize the important operating characteristics of major power components
- Improve substation grounding
- Discriminate between the criteria governing the application of overcurrent and overvoltage protective devices
- Implement better start-up and regular maintenance of electrical installations
A properly planned and designed substation is essential for the reliable operation of a power system network. A high voltage substation is comprised of switching equipment, transformers, reactors, var compensators, protection, control, and automation and communication.
This course covers all aspects of high and medium voltage substation design, including regulatory and environmental requirements, general design considerations, and the application of switching and power equipment, fault calculations, safe grounding design, protection/control, automation and communication, and maintenance considerations.
Who Should Attend
Electrical Engineers • Design Engineers • Managers and Team Leaders • Substation Engineers • Consulting Engineers • Field Engineers • Technicians • Technologists
- Industrial and utility substation
- Fault calculations
- Application of circuit breakers
- Substation equipment
- Insulation co-ordination
- Grounding design considerations
- GIS application
- Shunt capacitor application
- Protection metering and control
- Maintenance and testing
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW