Introduction to LED Lighting and Luminaires
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Understand and apply lighting terminology and parameters to LED lamps and luminaires
- Evaluate the performance and reliability of LED lamp retrofits and integrated luminaires
- Identify the compliance of lighting products with specific codes and standards
- Select and recommend replacement of traditional lighting with LED lighting
- Develop basic skills for specification of LED luminaires based on lighting performance, cost and ergonomics
In recent years the light-emitting diode (LED) has become the mainstream light source in the lighting industry, creating a mass transition from traditional light sources: incandescent, fluorescent and HID. Whether about code compliance or requirements when replacing traditional lighting, the evaluation of the LED lamps and fixtures requires knowledge and understanding of technical specifications.
This course focuses on basic knowledge of lighting parameters, the LED light source and LED luminaires. The presentation recommends selection criteria for luminaires as a function of lighting performance, work environment and cost of ownership.
- Basic notions: lighting, electricity, heat
- Lumen, lux, candela, photometry, IES file
- LED and LED driver, parameters
- LED lamps, luminaires, performance and selection
- Replacement of traditional light sources
- Quality of light, work environment, energy savings
Who Should Attend
Building Managers • Building Inspectors and Personnel • Government Auditors • Project Managers • Specification Engineers • Lighting Designers • Electrical Contractors
We currently do not have enough attendee responses to generate a rating for this course.
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW