Modern Power System Protective Relaying
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- use your knowledge of protection techniques
- further your understanding of protective devices
- determine your own relay settings
- apply your awareness of recommended practices in protection schemes
- understand problems generally faced and solutions
Protection of low, medium and high voltage power systems requires an understanding of system faults and their detection, as well as their safe disconnection from the power system. This course presents a comprehensive and systematic description of the concepts and principles of operation and application of protection schemes for various power system elements such as feeders, transformers, motors, buses and generators. This course deals with protection systems from a practical perspective and includes important functional aspects such as testing and coordination of protection systems.
This course is specially designed for industries and utilities which depend on proper system protection for operational efficiency and minimizing damage to equipment.
- Power System Faults
- Components of Power System Protection Schemes
- Current Transformers and Voltage Transformers
- Feeder Overcurrent Protection
- Coordination of Electrical Protection Systems
- Bus Protection
- Transformer Protection
- Generator Protection
- Transmission Line Protection
Who Should Attend
Engineers • Technicians and Technologists in the Industrial, Consulting and Utility fields • Those Involved in Design, Regulatory Inspection, Operation and Maintenance
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW