After participating in this course, you will be able to do the following:
- Understand motor protection fundamentals
- Identify potential improvements to existing motor protection systems
- Know how to specify motor protection schemes for new equipment
- Calculate and apply settings for various protection elements
- Grasp the concepts discussed in IEEE Standard 242-2001, Recommended Practice for Protection and Coordination of Industrial and Commercial Power Systems and its relation to the motor protection approaches discussed in the applicable section of CEC-2012.
This course covers a range of topics related to electrical motor protection in industrial settings. In addition to theoretical explanations, real-world examples of motor protection schemes are presented to give attendees knowledge that can be put into practice immediately.
To provide participants with a solid understanding of motor protection application concepts. Participants will leave the course with the tools and knowledge necessary to address motor protection projects in their own work environments.
- Faults in power systems and fault levels
- Introduction to instrument transformers
- Motor protection fundamentals
- Relay protection elements overview
- Motor protection overview
- Thermal model elements
- Jogging block, load-jam, and load-loss elements and settings
- Current unbalance (46), phase reversal, speed switch, and breaker failure elements RTD-based protection
- Other protection elements
- Testing examples of a relay
Who Should Attend
- Electrical engineers
- design engineers
- protection engineers
- maintenance personnel
- technologists including electricians
- anyone responsible for the design, construction, installation, inspection, operation and maintenance of motor protection elements at facilities of any size
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
This course is currently scheduled on the following date. Click to learn even more details about this offering.
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW