Ontario Fire Code and Inspections Overview
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Identify typical types of fire and life safety hazards and fire code violations in different types of building occupancies
- Recognize the different parts of the Fire Code that relate to fire safety inspections
- Reference and provide an overview of the 2015 Province of Ontario Fire Code Compendium and the Fire Protection and Prevention Act legislation that provide for a minimum of fire and life safety to occupants and buildings.
The Province of Ontario Fire Code govern the requirements for the minimal level of fire and life safety in all buildings in the province. The goal is to ensure that occupants and buildings are safe from the risk of fires by enforcing the requirements.
- Fire Protection and Prevention Act of the Province of Ontario
- what is the current legislation in Ontario that regulates fire and life safety inspections
- what are the three (3) “Lines of Defense in the province against fires
- Ontario Fire Code
- what edition of the code is currently referenced and enforceable in the province
- what are the owner(s) legal responsibilities in accordance with the code
- Fire Risks and Code Requirements in types of buildings
- Assembly occupancies
- Residential occupancies
- Mercantile and Industrial occupancies
- General Housekeeping Hazards
- Will provide an overview of typical housekeeping hazards found in all buildings
Who Should Attend
This course has been designed for Building Owners, Property Managers, Consultants, Security Personnel, City Officials, Engineers, Building Operators and other persons having control of properties.
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
This course is currently scheduled on the following date. Click to learn even more details about this offering.
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW