Power Cable Engineering
After participating in the course you will be able to do the following:
- specify cables for your application
- interpret field testing results
- apply necessary criteria for installation of power cables
- know installation methods and limitations
Recent changes in technology have made it essential for engineers to update their methods for selecting and installing cable systems. The correct cable system is necessary for efficient implementation and operation of projects. This course deals with theory and engineering practices that are relevant to power cables, providing basic understanding of cable construction and applicable standards.
Worked examples will be used to discuss the cable system design process, which involves cable selection, ampacity determination, and sizing criteria. The course will also present and demonstrate above grade and buried cables installation requirements, covering utility distribution (4 kV - 35 kV) and industrial and power plant (4 kV - 15 kV) cable classes.
- Basic Concepts of Wire and Cable Construction
- Insulating Materials for Cables
- Testing Techniques
- Electrical Characteristics of Cables
- Cable Sizing
- Cable Installation
- Exposed cable
- Cable Systems Workshop: Design and Installation
Who Should Attend
Industrial, Utility, or Plant Electrical Engineers • Technicians Responsible for the Design, Selection, and Installation of Insulated Cables and Accessories • Consultants • Cable Manufacturers •Installation Contractors
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW