Power System Analysis for Industrial Application
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Understand short circuit events and the power system impacts
- Protect your electrical systems using appropriate protective devices and know the best ways of coordinating them
- Identify safety hazards to personnel who come in contact with energized electrical systems
- Prevent equipment failures and malfunctions by employing proper arc flash mitigation techniques
- Interpret standards and labels related to arc flash
This course aims to make electrical systems safer. A balance of theory and practice will provide a firm foundation of knowledge for your next design or construction project as well as for field service work. The course material will prepare you to correct electrical system problems and improve safety and efficiency. Additionally, a case study will be used to discuss short circuit, protective device coordination and arc flash analysis and mitigation in an industrial plant.
- Electrical safety and short circuit
- Conductor short circuit calculation
- Motor contribution
- Relay fundamentals
- Coordination of devices
- Ground Fault devices
- Overcurrent relays
- Transformer protection
- Arc flash and new standard IEEE 1584-2018
- Single line diagram and system modeling
Who Should Attend
Electrical Engineers • Technicians and Technologists • Facility and Plant Engineers • Design Engineers • Supervisors • Field Engineers • Electrical Contractors
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
This course is currently scheduled on the following date. Click to learn even more details about this offering.
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW