Power System Fundamentals for Non-Electrical Professionals
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Interact more effectively with other work groups involved with transmission, generation and operation of the grid
- Apply knowledge of power system in work related to electric facilities construction and operation
- Understand power system reliability issues and their impacts on electric power systems
- Participate in discussions regarding trends and developments in electric power system
The course explains the fundamental principles of electric power system. It describes step by step what constitutes an electric power system, how it works, what are the associated components of a power system and their functions, why blackouts occur, what are the mitigation measures.
The course also describes the latest developments in power system like smart grid, its components and their applications in transmission and distribution.
- Electricity Basics
- What Constitutes a Power System
- Active and Reactive Power
- Single and Three Phase Systems
- Distribution and Transmission Systems Overview
- Overhead Systems
- Power System Faults and Protections
- How Stable is Our Power System
- Power System Reliability
- Distributed Generation and Smart Grid
Who Should Attend
Engineers from disciplines other than electrical engineering • Technicians involved in power conversion work required for oil and gas industries, manufacturing facilities and process industries • Electricity export/import market specialists • Professionals who need to upgrade their current experience and knowledge of electrical power systems.
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
This course is currently scheduled at the following locations. Click the location to learn even more details about this course.
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW