Solar PV System Design
After participating in the course, you will be able to:
- Apply basic principles of solar cell operation and comply with electrical authority and system operator
- Perform AC and DC system losses, fault analysis at combiner boxes and assess solar farm site
- Complete design layout and orientation, financial evaluations and operation of utility scale inverters
- Transform to AC and connection medium voltage (MV) and high voltage (HV) distribution system
- Understand safe design (AC arc flash analysis, labeling and interlocking)
The last renewable energy resource to be developed in Canada, solar PV systems are unfamiliar to many engineers involved in power generation. The course deals with solar site assessment, installation consideration, financial evaluation of design, DC and AC losses, utility scale inverters, project scheduling, MV and HV distribution, PV system commissioning and authorities technical requirements.
The course focuses on ground-mounted, grid-connected, medium and large utility scale solar farms connected to medium-voltage hydro circuits. Participants will also learn about overall solar farm configuration including DC and AC design and conceptual design of MV substation and AC collector circuits.
Course Outline :
- PV modules
- String voltage and current sizing
- String combiners and recombiners
- Solar farm site assessment
- DC system losses
- DC to AC transformation
- Medium voltage collector system distribution
- Medium voltage and high voltage substation design
- Project scheduling and procurement
- Testing and commissioning of PV system
Who Should Attend:
Owners • Electrical Designers • Electrical Engineers • Sales Engineers • Electricians • Project Managers • Installation and Operating Engineers requiring knowledge of PV Solar Systems
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
This course is currently scheduled at the following locations. Click the location to learn even more details about this course.
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW