Solar PV System Design
After participating in the course, you will be able to:
- Apply basic principles of solar cell operation and comply with electrical authority and system operator
- Perform AC and DC system losses, fault analysis at combiner boxes and assess solar farm site
- Complete design layout and orientation, financial evaluations and operation of string and utility scale inverters
- Transform to AC and connection medium voltage (MV) and high voltage (HV) distribution system and addition of battery energy storage system (BESS)
- Understand safe design (AC arc flash analysis, labeling and interlocking)
- Project scheduling and commercial aspects
In Canada, the growing and constantly evolving solar PV systems are unfamiliar to many engineers involved in power generation. The course deals with solar site assessment, installation consideration, financial evaluation of design, DC and AC losses, utility scale and string inverters, project scheduling, MV and HV distribution, PV system commissioning and local utility and authority technical requirements.
The course focuses on ground-mounted, grid-connected, medium and large utility scale solar farms connected to medium and high voltage circuits. Participants will also learn about overall solar farm configuration including DC and AC design and conceptual design of MV substation and AC collector circuits.
Course Outline :
- PV modules and fundamentals
- String voltage and current sizing
- String combiners and recombiners
- Solar farm site assessment
- DC system losses
- DC to AC transformation
- Solar and Battery Energy Storage System (BESS)
- Medium voltage collector system distribution
- Medium voltage and high voltage substation design
- Project scheduling and procurement
- Testing and commissioning of PV system
Who Should Attend:
Owners • Electrical Designers • Electrical Engineers • Sales Engineers • Electricians • Project Managers • Installation and Operating Engineers requiring knowledge of PV Solar Systems
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW