Symmetrical Components for Unbalanced 3 Phase Power System Analysis
After Participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Define Symmetrical Components and their Use
- Understand the Advantages of using Symmetrical Components
- Recognise an Unbalanced System and When it Occurs
- Define the a Operator and its Functionality
- Convert to and from Symmetrical Components
This course is designed to provide a basic understanding of Symmetrical Components used in the analysis of asymmetrical currents and voltages in a three phase system. It will provide the student with the background knowledge on which to model different faults on a three phase circuit. It will include working examples of practical situations and a quick peek into how models are derived for; phase-to-ground, phase-to-phase, phase-to-phase-to-ground and three phase short circuits are derived.
- Charles Fortescue Engineer and Founder ofÂ Symmetrical Components
- Defining Symmetrical Components
- The Positive, Negative and Zero Sequence Components
- Unbalanced Currents and Voltage in a Three Phase System
- Phase-to-Ground Unbalanced Currents
- Phase-to-Phase Unbalanced Currents
- A Closer Look at the Positive, Negative and Zero Sequence Components
- Defining the a Operator and Some of its Properties
- The Process of Converting to and from Symmetrical Components
Who Should Attend:
Those looking to work in the protection and control area of power systems and wish to have a more comprehensive understanding of the basic workings of this area.
- Maintenance Workers
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW