Telecom Systems for Power Substations
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the purpose and usage of telecom systems in power substations.
- Know the major components and subsystems of various types of power substation telecom systems.
- Examine the applications of substation telecom Systems.
- Describe the communication requirements for the substation’s teleprotection circuits.
- Recommend a typical telecom system for SCADA and Remote access via a Substation telecom system.
This course provides guidelines to anyone who wishes to know and understand the role of telecommunication systems in power substations.
This course deals with telecom network requirements for power substations, including SCADA, teleprotection and substation services such as voice over IP (VOIP) phone lines. It also discusses different telecom network technologies involved in power substations, such as TDM, MPLS and Packet networks.
- Overview of Telecom requirements in power substations
- Telecom systems/ technologies in power substations
- Telecom networks in power substations
- Special topics for power substation’s Telecom System
- Telecom service and standards specifications
Who Should Attend
Design Engineers • Electrical Engineers • Commissioning and Testing Engineers • Consulting Engineers • Electrical Technologists • Project Managers • Project Engineers • Operating and Maintenance Personnel
We currently do not have enough attendee responses to generate a rating for this course.
This course is currently scheduled on the following date. Click to learn even more details about this offering.
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW