Testing, Commissioning and Maintenance of Electrical Systems
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Describe how to plan, control and implement commissioning of electrical systems
- Discuss the performance specifications, which can be economically verified
- Pick out the field tests for electrical distribution systems, generator and motors, transformers, switchgear and cables
- Select among corrective, preventive and preventive maintenance for your electric power distribution system
- Explain the AC and DC testing of electrical equipment and specify the handover, acceptance and transition to operations
This course provides guidelines to anyone who wishes to know and understand the role of commissioning in a project, whatever its size. The importance of planning and preparation for the project, from engineering to commissioning and start up, will be emphasized. This course deals with safety considerations in maintenance and testing procedures for all the components of any electrical system. It also discusses field testing of all the major components of an electrical system such as motors, generators, switchgear, protection and control, UPS and battery systems.
- AC and DC voltage testing techniques
- Testing of motors and generators
- Transformers and switchgear
- Cables and accessories
- Battery system and protective relay system
- Power distribution system maintenance
- Grounding, ground resistance measurement
- Insulating oils, fluids and gases
- Electrical safety and precautions
- Overview of commissioning
Who Should Attend
Design Engineers • Electrical Engineers • Commissioning and Testing Engineers • Consulting Engineers • Electrical Technologists • Project Managers • Project Engineers • Plant Managers • Operating and Maintenance Personnel
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
This course is currently scheduled on the following date. Click to learn even more details about this offering.
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW