Understanding Environmental Regulations
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- update your knowledge and skills in contracting, data management and reporting, inspections and investigations, negotiating approvals and environmental management
- gain an understanding of the legislation that directly impacts solid waste, industrial effluents and air emissions
- review practical approaches for environmental compliance as applicable to contaminated site and decommissioning projects, hazardous materials, storage tanks and spills
- learn to manage environmental issues carrying substantial liabilities which are subject to regulations of mixed jurisdictions as well as regulatory requirements that are uncertain or confusing
- benefit from the opportunity to share your specific situation and problems with other participants and specialists
The environmental 'command and control' compliance philosophy continues to be reflected in environmental legislation and regulation and legislative changes continue to reflect current standards and recent court decisions. The only way to avoid liability for non-compliance is to exercise due diligence based upon a thorough understanding of regulatory requirements. This course enhances your knowledge and skills by increasing your understanding of current environmental compliance issues. It deals with the current regulatory environment in a variety of jurisdictions, environmental management systems, liability and the interrelationships among federal, provincial, and municipal agencies.
The regulations are described and references for information provided. Emphasis is then on the application of regulations in the various areas of concern.
- The legal system
- Toxic substance and chemicals management
- Regulating Water
- Environmental Assessment
- Licenses and Approvals
- Air Quality
- Enforcement: Inspection and Investigation
- Liability and Legal Defence
- Property Transfer and Contaminated Sites
- Dealing with Wastes
- Greenhouse Gases and Climate Risk
Who Should Attend
Environmental Managers Coordinators Engineers & Scientists Personnel from Environmental as well as from Health & Safety & Environmental Departments Corporate/Project Managers Directors & Officers Facility managers Plant Superintendents In-house Counsel Consultants Regulatory Personnel
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
This course is currently scheduled at the following locations. Click the city name to learn even more details about this course.
REQUEST A QUOTE
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.