Introduction to the Canadian Air Quality Management System
After Participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Review of the status of the air quality management system
- Understanding of model results and uncertainty
- Use of dispersion modelling to optimise monitoring protocols
The AQMS is a comprehensive approach for reducing air pollution in Canada and is the product of an unprecedented collaboration by the federal, provincial and territorial governments and stakeholders. This system is a paradigm shift in the way air quality is assessed across the country and is a hybrid of standards, limits and air quality management zones. For those not directly involved in the process the impact of this program may be difficult to assess.
This practical webinar will examine issues around the AQMS and its proposed implementation at the federal and provincial level.
- The Federal Air Quality Management System
- CAAQS and BLIERS
- Airshed and air zones
- Provincial air zone delineation and management
- Baseline reports
- Impact on projects
Who Should Attend
- Facility operations
- Environmental personnel who need to assess, control or manage air quality issues
- Any staff tasked with developing best management practices for emissions management and control
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
This course is currently scheduled at the following locations. Click the city name to learn even more details about this course.
REQUEST A QUOTE
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.