Environmental Site Assessments and Remediation in Ontario
After participating in the seminar, you will be able to:
- Apply relevant regulatory tiered structure for environmental site assessment & remediation
- Devise soil and groundwater sampling and analysis plans as part of site assessment
- Build conceptual Site Models for site assessment and for environmental risk assessment
- Understand the concept of modeling source-exposure-pathway concept & how to deal with uncertainties
- Gain practical knowledge on conventional & innovative soil & groundwater remediation technologies
The current trend of land development in Ontario requires a careful examination of contaminant levels in soil and groundwater along with remedial actions in form of soil and groundwater remediation or risk management. Regulations in Ontario require a phased assessment of the sites under development or land use change upon which remediation and/or risk management may be found necessary. This requires both knowledge of the regulatory system, processes and procedures in Ontario and the scientific and technical aspects of developing an efficient remediation or risk management strategy including but not limited to conceptual site models, soil and groundwater sampling remediation technologies and environmental risk assessment approach. Accordingly, remedial actions can be designed to meet regulatory cleanup levels.
This course will provide the participants with the essential knowledge on the phased structure of Environmental Site Assessment in Ontario, followed by characterization of contamination and associated environmental risks aimed at achieving appropriate remediation design.
- Regulatory framework & phased approach for environmental site assessment
- Conceptual Site Models (CSM) & problem formulation
- Fate & transport modeling for exposure evaluation & risk assessment
- Soil & groundwater sampling methodologies & techniques
- Conventional & innovative soil & groundwater remediation methods
Who Should Attend
Environmental Engineers • Scientists • Consultants • Industrial Staff • Technicians & Technologists • Regulators Reviewing & Accepting Risk Assessment & Management Applied to the Contaminated Sites
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
This course is currently scheduled at the following locations. Click the city name to learn even more details about this course.
REQUEST A QUOTE
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.