Environmental Site Assessment and Remediation
After participating in the seminar, you will be able to:
- apply relevant regulatory tiered structure for environmental site assessment & remediation
- devise soil and groundwater sampling and analysis plans as part of site assessment
- build conceptual Site Models for site assessment and for environmental risk assessment & management
- understand the concept of modeling source-exposure-pathway concept & how to deal with uncertainties
- gain practical knowledge on conventional & innovative soil & groundwater remediation technologies & cleanup levels
The current trend of land development requires a careful examination of contaminant levels in soil and groundwater along with remedial actions in form of soil and groundwater remediation or risk management. Regulations require a phased assessment of the sites under development or land use change upon which remediation and/or risk management may be found necessary. This requires both knowledge of the regulatory system, processes and procedures and the scientific and technical aspects of developing an efficient remediation or risk management strategy including but not limited to conceptual site models, soil and groundwater sampling, remediation technologies and environmental risk assessment approach. Accordingly, remedial actions can be designed to meet regulatory cleanup levels. .
This course will provide the participants with the essential knowledge on the phased structure of Environmental Site Assessment, followed by characterization of contamination and associated environmental risks aimed at achieving appropriate remediation design..
- Regulatory framework and phased approach for environmental site assessment
- Conceptual Site Models (CSM) and problem formulation
- Fate and transport modeling for exposure evaluation and risk assessment
- Soil and groundwater sampling methodologies and techniques
- Conventional and innovative soil and groundwater remediation methods
Who Should Attend
Environmental Engineers • Scientists • Consultants • Industrial Staff • Technicians & Technologists • Regulators Reviewing & Accepting Risk Assessment & Management Applied to the Contaminated Sites
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW