Contaminated Soil and Groundwater, Assessment and Remediation
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the phased structure of Environmental Site Assessment (ESA), Risk Assessment (RA) and Remediation requirements
- Support your projects using necessary Environmental Chemistry knowledge
- Understand basics of fate and transport of contaminants in porous media
- Construct Conceptual Site Model and devise Sampling and Analysis Plan
- Evaluate and select appropriate remediation technologies for contaminated soil and groundwater
Environmental condition of properties is an important issue in redevelopment, financing and transactions. All stakeholders must be aware of potential environmental liabilities. This detailed three-day seminar provides information on approaches and methodologies on the basis of Environmental Chemistry required for assessment and remediation of contaminated soil and groundwater in accordance with the phased structure of ESA, RA and remediation.
Applicable Environmental Chemistry concepts and principles, along with fundamentals of soil and groundwater properties as well as fate and transport of contaminants in porous media, will be provided to be employed in the standard procedures outlined in phased structured ESA including sampling and analysis, Human Health RA and exposure control. Conventional and innovative soil and groundwater remediation methods will be discussed along with cleanup requirements.
Case examples will be introduced and will be worked on by participants as the topics are covered.
- Environmental Site Assessment phased structure
- Environmental Chemistry Basics
- Human Health Risk Assessment
- Soil and groundwater properties
- Fate and transport of Toxic Metals and Organic Contaminants
- Soil and Groundwater Sampling
- Remediation Technologies and Selection Criteria
Who Should Attend:
Environmental Engineers and Technologists • Project Managers • Regulatory personnel (federal, provincial and municipal) • Geologists • Consultants and Soil Scientists
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW