Principal Aspects of Chemical and Biological Processes used in Water Treatment
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Understand principles of chemical and biological processes and techniques for the removal of organic and inorganic contaminants from contaminated water and wastewater
- Learn about the technologies that are commonly used in industrial water and wastewater treatment operations
- Develop a better understanding of the mechanisms and design aspects of water and wastewater treatment processes
- Apply your knowledge of various chemical and biological technologies to water and wastewater treatment projects
This course discusses chemical and biological processes and their applications in industrial operations and environmental engineering practices. It addresses mechanisms, operation principles and applications of pertinent processes used in the removal of organic and inorganic contaminants from contaminated water and wastewater, including coagulation and flocculation, oxidation-reduction, chemical precipitation, water softening, ion exchange, activated sludge, trickling filters, rotating biological contactors and lagoons. Case studies will be presented and discussed throughout the course.
- Fundamental chemical concepts
- Oxidation-reduction processes
- Coagulation and flocculation
- Chemical precipitation
- Water softening
- Ion exchange
- Chemical disinfection
- Fundamental aspects of biological processes & microbial kinetics
- Biological processes in water & wastewater treatment
- Treatment lagoons
Who Should Attend:
Environmental Engineers • Consulting Engineers • Environmental Educators • Industrial Staff • Technicians & Technologists • Municipal Planners
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
This course is currently scheduled at the following locations. Click the city name to learn even more details about this course.
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW