Dampness and Fungal Contamination in Buildings: Causes, Impacts and Solutions
After participating in this course you will be able to:
- Conduct an investigation of the presence of dampness and mold
- Carry out technical measurements related to damp buildings
- Assess moisture and mold problems
- Manage dampness related problems in buildings
In a building, moisture could be of natural origin, accidental or related to a lack of maintenance. However, the presence of dampness over long periods is the most damaging element to a building as it causes a significant change in building materials (hydrolysis) and generates toxins and odors. In addition, moisture is a key element in the development of mold that can be associated with potential health problems among building occupants, ranging from irritation of the respiratory tract or exacerbation of asthma to more important symptoms for particularly fragile individuals if the relationship between illness and exposure to the damp building is not recognized and exposures continue.
- Causes of dampness in buildings
- Dampness and indoor air quality
- Dampness and fungal growth in indoor environment
- Assessment of dampness and mold problems
- Technical measurements (instruments and methods)
- Building dampness and occupants health
- Management of IAQ problems caused by moisture
- Control and preventive measures
Who Should Attend:
Project Managers in Indoor Environment • Building Inspectors • Consulting Engineers • Architects • Building Managers • Industrial Hygienists • Building Contractors • Technicians • Building Consultants • Facility Managers • Members of Health and Safety Committees
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW