Environmental Bioremediation - Microbial Biodegradation Principles
After participating in this webinar, you will be able to:
- Understand the mechanisms of microbial biodegradation processes used in the removal of contaminants from soil and groundwater
- Develop a better understanding of the microbial and environmental factors controlling site bioremediation processes
- Identify the types of contaminants commonly found in soil and groundwater
- Learn about the kinetics of biodegradation
- Determine the type of biological processes needed for the removal of contaminants from soil and groundwater
This webinar addresses the removal of contaminants from soil and groundwater by microbial processes, focusing on microbial metabolism and biodegradation mechanisms during aerobic and anaerobic biodegradation processes.
Factors controlling the effectiveness of site bioremediation, including the nature and concentration of contaminants, bioavailability and biodegradability of contaminants, type of microorganisms present at the site and environmental conditions will be discussed.
- Introduction to bioremediation
- Major contaminants of soil and groundwater
- Fundamental aspects of biodegradation: Cell metabolism
- Oxidative and reductive biodegradation processes
- Bioavailability and biodegradability of contaminants
- Microbial and environmental factors controlling bioremediation processes
- Microbial kinetics
Who Should Attend:
Environmental Engineers, Geologists, Soil Scientists, Project Managers, Consulting Engineers, Environmental Educators, Environmental Risk Managers, Environmental protection officers, Lawyers, Municipal Planners
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW