Environmental Engineering for Non-Environmental Engineers
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Develop conceptual models for the interaction of environmental aspects of a project
- Apply prevention and control techniques with a basic understanding of the emission formation process
- Evaluate the effectiveness of control alternatives in the project context
- Reduce cost by using the critical points of inspecting an emission control system for compliance with the required standards
- Use effective methods for the selection of emission reduction and control technologies
Environmental engineering focuses on protecting the environment by reducing waste and pollution and is dedicated to improving environmental conditions through remediation. It is concerned with cleaning up contamination as well as managing environmental systems and hazardous wastes. Project and facility personnel may be called on to assess potential impacts and outcomes for a wide variety of projects. While in many cases organizations seek expert technical or legal assistance, it is important for all staff to have a conceptual understanding of the issues that may arise.
This seminar brings together many of these concepts in a practical approach to provide you with an understanding of environmental issues and mitigation methods.
- Climate and climate change
- Quantification: methods and methodologies
- Water and wastewater
- Air and waste management
- Land use and remediation
- Waste management
- Case studies
Who Should Attend:
Project Managers • Engineering Consultants • Facilities and Plant personnel • EHS Managers and staff • Facility Operators • Regulatory personnel
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
This course is currently scheduled on the following date. Click to learn even more details about this offering.
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW