Introduction to River Ice Engineering
After participating in the seminar, you will be able to:
- Understand river ice processes and river ice engineering applications
- Discover the tools and methods used in river science and engineering
- Develop a fundamental understanding of river ice characteristics and behavior
- Appreciate the challenges confronted in managing river ice
- Apply the theory of river ice processes to practical applications associated with river ice management
River ice causes prevalent problems in Canada and will be addressed in this course. Breakup and subsequent ice jams cause significant damage in some areas. This course will provide an introduction to river ice engineering and is tailored to an audience of non-specialist professionals.
From the formation of ice covers to breakup and ice jams, this course will illustrate the river ice processes and identify common problems associated with these processes through case studies.
- General overview
- River ice properties
- Freeze-up processes
- Freeze-up time (Excel numerical exercise)
- Numerical modelling
- Monitoring river ice covers
- Ice thickness predictions (Excel numerical exercise)
- Ice jam processes
- Ice-jam flood forecasting
Who Should Attend:
Professionals involved in the management of river ice engineering projects, including: Water Resource Engineers and Specialists • River Engineers • Environmental Specialists • Project Managers • Civil Engineers • Technologists and Technicians • Engineering Consultants
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
This course is currently scheduled on the following date. Click to learn even more details about this offering.
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW