Organic Waste Processing with Resource Recovery - Anaerobic Digestion and Composting
After attending this course, you will be able to:
- Know the standards and regulations applicable to organic waste processing with resource recovery
- Identify the various technologies available as well as their key concepts and characteristics
- Understand installation design, including mass, water and energy balances
- Understand the challenges of managing sites and odor and pathogen control
- Be familiar with the construction, operation and maintenance costs, as well as social and environmental issues
This course will cover the design, construction, operation and maintenance of anaerobic digestion and composting facilities and will include an introduction to organics processing and management, available technologies as well as a general classification of different technologies of anaerobic digestion and composting.
The course will cover basic principles; general sizing and design; operating parameters; calculation of potential energy, mass balance and environmental gains; characterization/processing of feedstocks and finished products (biogas, steam production, digestate and electricity); calculation and design of the various components; inspection and problem diagnosis; case studies; and practical exercises.
- Basics: techniques and processes
- Regulations, codes and standards
- Classification: technologies and process
- Planning and needs assessment
- Calculation of mass and energy balance
- Product utilization and marketing: biogas/compost
- Operational control of odor and pathogens
- Risk and site management
- Inspection and trouble shooting
- Practical exercises and case studies
Who Should Attend:
Engineers • Technicians • Project Engineers • Plant and Facility Managers • Inspectors • Operation and Maintenance Personnel • Consultants and Contractors • Construction Supervisors • Technical/Commercial Representatives
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW