Risk Assessment of Contaminated Sites
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- understand the overall structure of risk assessment and exposure control
- understand how to use the risk assessment guidelines and tools
- determine site specific risk based guidelines and risk management measures
In cases where concentration of contaminants in soil and groundwater exceeds the generic regulatory guidelines, in addition to remediation to meet these guidelines, the contaminated site can alternatively undergo Risk Assessment. Risk management or exposure control at contaminated sites can be deemed desirable when soil and groundwater remediation is costly, and time consuming or site-specific guidelines are to be developed.
Risk assessment is carried out based on a detailed conceptual site model and fate and transport of contaminants in soil and groundwater to determine the likelihood of adverse health effects resulting from exposure of receptors to contaminants.
- Overview of legal framework and tired approach of environmental risk assessment
- Overview of Environmental Site Assessment
- Toxicity and carcinogenicity and applicable databases
- Human health risk assessment framework
- Ecological aspects of risk assessment
- Conceptual Site Models (CSM) and problem formulation
- Introduction to contaminant fate and transport modeling for exposure evaluation
- Dose response for threshold and non-threshold contaminants
- Risk based guidelines for remediation
- Introduction to risk management
Who Should Attend
Environmental Engineers • Scientists • Consultants • Industrial Staff • Technicians and Technologists • Regulators Reviewing and Accepting Risk Assessment and Management Applied to the Contaminated Sites
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
This course is currently scheduled at the following locations. Click the location to learn even more details about this course.
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW