Selection and Design of Pumping Stations and Lift Stations
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Solve basic pumping system design problems including considerations for installation, operation and maintenance
- Select the most suitable equipment for your application and the ability to write practical specifications
- Maximize effective operational procedures and optimize use of system controls
- Reduce your maintenance problems and enhance system protection
- Prepare condition assessments and recommend upgrades to increase capacity
Design criteria for water and wastewater pumping systems including the capacity to deal with variable flow rates and types, floatable objects, large solids and abrasive materials. The outcome of the design should be a suitable pumping system comprising efficient equipment, a cost-effective installation, smooth operation, and minimum downtime with normal maintenance. The hands-on design problems that you solve in this seminar/workshop under instructor guidance will enhance your understanding of design procedures.
You will learn to select the most suitable equipment for your application, appreciate the effectiveness of the design on installation, operation and maintenance.
- Pump station fundamentals, types and uses
- Applied hydraulics
- Pumps and their applications
- Related pump station equipment
- Motors and variable speed drives
- Pumping station odour control
- Supervisory control and data acquisition
- Troubleshooting and condition assessment
- Options to upgrade or increase capacity
- Pump station-inspection and maintenance
- Case study and hands-on design exercise
Who Should Attend
Design Engineers • Superintendents and Operators • Water Resource Engineers • Utility Managers • Consulting Engineers • Project Managers • Environmental Engineers • Collection System Maintenance Engineers • Managers • Technicians and Technologists • Approval Agency Plan Reviewers
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW