Selection and Design of Pumping Stations and Lift Stations
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Solve basic pumping system design problems including considerations for installation, operation and maintenance;
- Select the most suitable equipment for your application and the ability to write practical specifications;
- Maximize effective operational procedures and optimize use of system controls;
- Reduce your maintenance problems and enhance system protection;
- Prepare condition assessments and recommend upgrades to increase capacity.
The course will be beginner or intermediate level and will cover the design, installation and maintenance of pumping stations. It will include an introduction to pumps and pumping systems. The course will cover a general classification of different types of pumps and their characteristics, basic hydraulic principles, general sizing of pumps and pumping wells, calculation and design of the piping system, problem diagnosis and inspection.
Design criteria for water and wastewater pumping systems including the capacity to deal with variable flow rates and types, floatable objects, large solids and abrasive materials. The outcome of the design should be a suitable pumping system comprising efficient equipment, a cost-effective installation, smooth operation, and minimum downtime with normal maintenance. The hands-on design problems that you solve in this course/workshop under instructor guidance will enhance your understanding of design procedures.
You will learn to select the most suitable equipment for your application, appreciate the effectiveness of the design on installation, operation and maintenance.
- Pumping station fundamentals, types, and uses
- Applied hydraulics
- Pumps and their applications
- Related pump station equipment
- Motors and variable speed drives
- Pumping station odour control
- Supervisory control and data acquisition
- Troubleshooting and condition assessment
- Options to upgrade or increase capacity
- Pumping station - inspection and maintenance
- Case study and hands-on design exercise
Who Should Attend
Design Engineers • Superintendents and Operators • Water Resource Engineers • Utility Managers • Consulting Engineers • Project Managers • Environmental Engineers • Collection System Maintenance Engineers • Managers • Technicians and Technologists • Approval Agency Plan Reviewers
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW