Site Assessment According to Alberta Tier I and II Soil and Groundwater Guidelines
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Understand tiered structure issued by Alberta Environment on soil and groundwater remediation
- Devise soil and groundwater sampling and analysis plans as part of site assessment
- Build conceptual models for site assessment and formulate problems for environmental risk assessment and management
- Develop the phased approach to site assessment and remediation using environmental risk assessment and modeling approach
- Gain practical knowledge on conventional and innovative soil and groundwater remediation methods and processes
Alberta Environment has implemented a new framework and guidelines for assessing contaminated sites as of February 2016. The Guidelines are based on the now universally accepted risk assessment approach aimed at pollution prevention, health protection and productive use.
This course will provide the participants with the scientific basis of human health and ecological risk assessments used by Alberta Environment and the detailed application of the Tier I and Tier II Criteria to optimize decision making based on scientifically defensible data.
- Environmental Risk Assessment Approach
- Alberta’s Tiered Approach
- Scientifically Based Site Investigation Methodologies
- Modeling Approaches and Methodologies
- Overview of Remediation Technologies
Who Should Attend:
Environmental Engineers • Scientists • Consultants • Industrial Staff • Technicians and technologists • Regulators Reviewing and Accepting Risk Standards Being Applied to the Contaminated Land According to Alberta Environment Guidelines
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW