Understanding Environmental Regulations - Western Canada
After participating in this course, you will be able to do the following:
- Update your knowledge and skills in contracting, data management and reporting, inspections and investigations, negotiating approvals and environmental management
- Gain an understanding of the legislation and applicable environmental regulation that directly impact solid waste, industrial effluents and air emissions
- Review practical approaches for environmental compliance as applicable to contaminated site and decommissioning projects, hazardous materials, storage tanks and spills
- Learn to manage environmental issues carrying substantial liabilities
- Understand the roles and obligations of various types of environmental professionals
Given the operational and economic changes resulting from the pandemic, environmental regulation is expected to undergo significant changes in the year ahead. Remaining up to date and understanding these changes and the potential to affect the roles and responsibilities of regulated industries, consultants and regulators is central to meeting compliance obligations.
This online format course will increase your understanding of environmental compliance issues in the Province, including applicable Federal requirements.
The course emphasizes the application of regulations in the areas of most concern to industry.
Provincial regulatory jurisdictions will include Alberta, British Columbia and Saskatchewan.
Whether you have limited previous knowledge or simply need to maintain an up to date knowledge of important changes, you will receive a comprehensive overview of the federal and provincial environmental regulations governing proposed projects and facilities and how regulation may affect industrial processes and projects.
- Introduction - the legal system
- The environmental regulatory process for projects
- Permitting and Impact Assessment
- Inspection, enforcement and liability
- Federal legislation - habitat and the Fisheries Act
- Provincial water and water resources regulation
- Water taking and effluent discharge regulation/reporting
- Species legislation
- Air quality legislation and standards
- Industrial emissions compliance
- Compliance monitoring and reporting
- Environmental emergencies
- Nuisance - noise and odour
- Dealing with wastes
- Managing contaminated sites
Who Should Attend:
Environmental Managers • Coordinators • Engineers • Scientists• Environmental Departments • Corporate/Project Managers • Directors and Officers • Facility Managers • Plant Superintendents • In-house counsel • Consultants • Regulatory Personnel• Municipal PersonnelREQUEST GROUP TRAINING QUOTE
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW