Understanding Environmental Regulations
After participating in this course, you will be able to do the following:
- Update your knowledge and skills in contracting, data management and reporting, inspections and investigations, negotiating approvals and environmental management
- Gain an understanding of the legislation that directly impacts solid waste, industrial effluents and air emissions
- Review practical approaches for environmental compliance as applicable to contaminated site and decommissioning projects, hazardous materials, storage tanks and spills
- Learn to manage environmental issues carrying substantial liabilities
- Interact with instructors, practicing professionals from industry, consultants, and regulatory personnel who have extensive industrial experience
The environmental “command and control” compliance philosophy continues to dominate the government policy agenda, and the only way to avoid liability for non-compliance is to thoroughly understand regulatory requirements. This course will increase your understanding of environmental compliance issues and regulatory environment in a variety of jurisdictions. The course emphasizes the application of regulations in the various areas of concern to industry.
Whether you have limited previous knowledge or simply need to study regulation updates, you will receive a comprehensive overview of the federal and provincial environmental regulations and how they affect industrial processes and projects.
- The legal system
- Environmental assessment
- Regulating and managing water quality
- Chemicals management
- Air quality, regulatory reporting and greenhouse gases
- Waste management
- Property transfer and contaminated sites
- Spill reporting and management
- Investigations and enforcement
- Liability and legal defense
- Public and aboriginal consulting
Who Should Attend:
Environmental Managers • Coordinators • Engineers • Scientists• Environmental Departments • Corporate/Project Managers • Directors and Officers • Facility Managers • Plant Superintendents • In-house counsel • Consultants • Regulatory Personnel• Municipal Personnel
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW