Understanding Federal Air Quality Regulation
After participating in this course, you will be able to do the following:
- Apply your skills in contracting, data management and reporting, inspections and investigations, negotiating project approvals, and environmental management
- Understand the federal legislation that directly impacts emissions from industrial and resource sector projects
- Identify practical approaches for federal environmental compliance
- Manage current environmental issues related to project development
Federal environmental legislation has developed in the ways that it relates to major projects. In particular, the air quality management system has re-defined ways in which federal policy relates to project and regional air quality. The only way to avoid liability for non-compliance is to thoroughly understand federal regulatory requirements and how these are harmonized with the provinces. This course will increase your understanding of such issues and emphasizes the application of regulations in the various areas of concern to industry.
Whether you have limited previous knowledge simply need to study regulation updates, you will receive a comprehensive overview of the federal environmental regulations and how they affect industrial processes and projects.
- Introduction - the legal system
- Integration: Federal and Provincial Regulation
- Federal Legislation and Projects
- Chemicals Management
- Standards Development
- The Air Quality Management System
- The Multisector Air Pollutants Regulation
- Climate Change and Projects
- Environmental Assessment
- Air Monitoring protocols
- Environmental emergencies
Who Should Attend:
Environmental Managers • Coordinators • Engineers • Scientists• Environmental Departments • Corporate/Project Managers • Directors and Officers • Facility Managers • Plant Superintendents• In-house counsel• Consultants • Regulatory Personnel• Municipal Personnel
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
This course is currently scheduled on the following date. Click to learn even more details about this offering.
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW