Wastewater Lagoons and Ponds
After participating in this course you will be able to do the following:
- Recognize the application and operation principles of lagoons
- Understand the physical, chemical, and biological processes that influence the operation and efficiency of lagoons
- Assess design considerations for lagoons
- Develop practical solutions to common problems encountered during the operation of lagoons
Lagoons are used as a stand-alone technology for the treatment of effluents originating from domestic, industrial or agricultural activities. The successful operation of lagoons relies on the proper design and good operation and maintenance practices. This course discusses the physical, chemical, and biological processes that govern the treatment of wastewater in lagoons, and addresses the design principles and operation and maintenance practices of lagoons for increased efficiency of treatment, as well as the methods that help in upgrading lagoon effluents. You will also learn how lagoons can be used as polishing steps for removing nutrients such as phosphorus.
- Applications, benefits and limitations of lagoons
- Processes and controlling factors in wastewater treatment lagoons
- Lagoon types, design, and construction
- Monitoring lagoons performance
- Desludging lagoons
- Potential causes and recommended solutions to reduced lagoon performance
- Optimizing for improved quality of lagoon effluent
- Optimizing for reduced energy consumption and cost
- Optimizing design for improved treatment efficiency
Who Should Attend:
Plant Managers • Plant Operating Personnel • Environmental Engineers in Private Sector Development Projects • Engineers in Manufacturing Plants and Processing Plants • Municipal Engineers • Municipal Planners • Biologists • Chemists • Environmental Scientists • Geologists • Regulatory Personnel • Compliance Officers • Consulting Engineers
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
This course is currently scheduled on the following date. Click to learn even more details about this offering.
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW