Wastewater Pumping Systems: Design Fundamentals
After Participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the reasons for constructing wastewater pump stations
- Know the most common issues to be addressed during the design process
- Apply principles of value, risk and economics in an objective decision-making process for optimizing conceptual designs
- Understand a process for critically examining designs to ensure effectiveness, reliability and safety
- Be familiar with legislated requirements and detailed design criteria
Wastewater pump stations are used to lift flow from low points and drain storage systems of various types in collection systems with a combination of advantages and disadvantages in comparison with gravity sewer systems. Optimizing the design of pump stations may be done by applying value engineering and risk analysis processes, supported by the discounted cash-flow method, to select the best choice from a range of options.
The principles of sustainability are applied to objectively decide value factors and the hazards and operations method applied to ensure effectiveness, reliability and safety. Detailed design criteria for function and practical and safe operation are reviewed.
- Reasons for constructing wastewater pump stations
- Application of value engineering
- Application of risk analysis
- Discounted cash flow method
- Evaluation of options by means of risk-adjusted value
- Principles of sustainability
- Application of the hazards and operations method
- Legislated requirements
- Design criteria
- Worked example
Who Should Attend:
Project managers, design engineers, engineering technologists
We currently do not have enough attendee responses to generate a rating for this course.
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW