Wastewater Treatment, Water Recovery and Re-Use
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Characterize a wastewater based on its strength and concentrations of contaminants
- Recognize the types of wastewater contaminants, the conventional processes used to remove them, and the types of treatment equipment required for their removal
- Apply the principles and practices of conventional wastewater treatment systems to the removal of suspended solids and colloids, organic matter, nitrogen, and phosphorus
- Recognize the operation principles of membrane processes in advanced wastewater treatment systems
- Develop a better understanding of conventional and advanced treatment processes for wastewater reclamation and reuse
This course discusses the principles and practices of wastewater treatment, water recovery and reuse. It addresses wastewater characterization as well as the operation principles and applications of biological and physical-chemical treatment processes used in the removal of organic and inorganic contaminants from wastewater.
These processes include sedimentation, coagulation-flocculation, activated sludge, trickling filters, rotating biological contactors, lagoons, disinfection and membrane processes. The application of conventional and advanced treatment processes in wastewater reclamation and reuse will be discussed and case studies will be presented.
- Wastewater characterization
- Wastewater treatment stages: preliminary, primary, secondary and tertiary treatment
- Coagulation-flocculation processes
- Fundamental aspects of biological processes and microbial kinetics
- Biological treatment technologies: applications and operation principles
- Solid-liquid separation methods: sedimentation/clarification
- Nutrient removal processes
- Disinfection processes
- Membrane processes
- Wastewater reclamation systems
Who Should Attend:
Facility/Utility Engineers, Consulting Engineers, Technicians and Technologists, Municipal Planners, Plant Managers, Plant Operating personnelREQUEST ON-SITE Quote
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
This course is currently scheduled at the following locations. Click the location to learn even more details about this course.
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW