Successfully Selecting Contractors and Consultants
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Prepare better tendering documents to reflect stakeholders’ objectives, assess potential risks, and devise the tendering strategy to manage such risks
- Pre-qualify bidders using qualifications suited to your project
- Distinguish among types of bid calls and types of contracts
- Make productive use of the bidding period while the contractor is putting together its bid
- Use new methods of bidding being contemplated by the industry
Both the quality and economy of construction projects depend on the efficiency and skills of contractors and consultants. Following the proper procedures when preparing tendering documents and managing risk is a very important step for the evaluation and selection of consultants to achieve high quality and keep projects within budget. Also, design/build projects require a different method to ensure construction on time, within budget and according to specifications.
This workshop presents tested procedures involved in preparation of tendering documents, management of risks, evaluating and selecting construction contractors and consultants, as well as design/build contractors for construction projects.
- Importance of Tendering during the Project Life Cycle
- Contractual Risk Management
- Selecting Contracting Strategies and Procurement Methods, and the Impact of Disputes during the Project
- Project Management Delivery System
- Project Organization – The Role of the Parties – Responsibility Matrix
- Design Management Process
- Preparing Tendering Documents
- Bid Documents
- General Aspects of Tendering, Bidding and Award
Who Should Attend:
Buyers of Construction in Public Works Departments of Federal, Provincial & Municipal Governments • Buyers of Construction in the Private Sector • Project Managers • Construction Managers Representing Owners • Engineers & Contractors Who Want to Understand the Process
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
REQUEST A QUOTE
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.