Identity Theft: How to Protect Your Business and Your Customers
After Participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Analyze how you, your employees, and your customers may be an easy target for fraud
- Identify potential risks for business owners and what they can do
- Take off-line and online protections to protect yourself, your business and customers
- Understand what to do if it you, your employees, or your customers are hit with identity theft
Identity Theft is the fastest growing crime in North American. Businesses are being targeted for a variety of reasons, to rob money from your bank accounts, to steal your sensitive intellectual property, to take over the identities of your executives, staff and customers. Identity theft is a huge consumer crime but also thieves have learned that businesses also have identities that can be stolen, and unsuspecting businesses are very vulnerable.
To criminals, business identity theft as well as individual identity fraud means the potential for easy money, free services, and stolen goods. Although no one can guarantee you will be totally secure, there are critical measures you can take to protect your business, your staff and your customers.
- Elements of identity theft
- The causes of personal, employee and business identity theft and fraud
- Potential risks for business owners and employees
- Protection measures you and your company can take
- Analysis of off-line and online precautions
- Tasks to implement if it you are hit with business identity theft
- Action plan if your employees or customers become victims of identity theft
Who Should Attend:
- C-Suite, Other Executives
- Board Members
- Legal Department
- IT Professionals
- Privacy Officers
- Business Partners
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
REQUEST A QUOTE
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.